Welcome to A. Paul Vance Fredericktown Regional Airport
Highway OO North
1935 Highway OO
Tina Varnum, Manager
Austin Royer, On Call/Weekends
The airport in Fredericktown began with the dream of a few men who celebrated teh new, growing world of aviation. In the 1950's, the first runway 1500 feet was built just south of Mine LaMotte. Over the years, the runway increased to 2,374 feet and is now 4,000 feet-enough to accommodate a small jet. For over 20 years, the terminal buildingh has been an old mobile home trailer. In 2011, the new terminal building was completed. In special ceremonies in August 2011, the airport was renamed in honor of A. Paul Vance, a man whose vision and love of aviation and community development has been an inspiration to all.
Who We Are
Fredericktown is located on the outer boundary of the St. Francois Mountains, surrounded on three sides by the Mark Twain National Forest. Our community was settled in 1819 by French settlers. We are the County Seat of Madison County and the home of the historic Madison County Courthouse, built in 1898 and designed by architect,Theodore Link.